On Friday 20th July 2018 at 1000hrs, the Ombudsman received the visit of a delegation from the Complaint Reception Office, Shanghai Municipal Government. The delegation was headed by Mr. WANG Jian Hua, Director of the Complaint Reception Office and was accompanied by the following Officers:
1. Mr. Lv Xue Cheng - Director, Complaint Reception Office of
Shanghai Pudong New Area Government
2. Mr. Wenyao Yang - Division Chief, General Office of the CPC,
Shanghai Municipal Committee
3. Mr. Fang Min - Division Chief, Complaint Reception Office
Of Shanghai Municipal Government
4. Mr. Zhang Fan - Director, Shanghai Municipal Commission
of Health and Family Planning, Division of letters and calls
5. Mr. Ke Qi - Director, Complaint Reception Office of
Shanghai Jingan District Municipal Government
Mr. A. Ramtahul, Senior Investigations Officer, made a power point presentation on the establishment and mandates of the Office of the Ombudsman.
During their interactions both the Ombudsman and Mr. WANG explored among other issues their roles, functions, jurisdiction, limitation and procedures as provided in their respective laws.
The Ombudsman further emphasized on the independence of his Office as well as its values which are centred on fairness, impartiality, effectiveness, transparency, accountability and confidentiality. Both Officers agreed to forge a working relationship for the inculcation of these values so as to promote good public administration.